
Last night as I was kneeling in the dark beside Cece's bed, patting her back before she fell asleep, she suddenly turned to me. Her face was awash in the soft blue light from her globe nightlight atop her dresser.
"You look beautiful, Mama," she said in her sweetest sleepy voice.
"Thank you, sweetie -- so do you," I told her, touched by my daughter's neverending tenderness.
She then continued, in a hushed nighttime voice, very slowly, as if to be sure to choose just the right words, "You look like a big ... big ... big ... big ... round ... round ... round ... round ... Mama. You look ... like a globe, but you don't have that black line around your middle."
"You mean an equator?"
"Yeah, you know that black line in the middle of the globe?" she said.
"Well gee, thanks honey," I said, trying not to laugh (or cry!) in front 0f her.
So the moral of the story is this: When someone pays you a compliment, thank them and RUN! Don't stick around and allow them to elaborate. I did, only to find that I bear a striking resemblance to the planet Earth. This gives whole new meaning to the term "Earth mother!"
3 comments:
Yay! Comments! Love the picture, and Cece just looks ridiculously gorgeous. More and more like her mama, every day. :-)
Man that girl is FUU-NNY! I just love the way you can totally re-tell something and make me feel like I was there to see/hear it! Love you Gigi. You are too gifted... Hope that globe-like belly of yours is grow-grow-growing!!!! It's almost time to meet Pickle! CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hey, geege! you may have already seen this site, but i thought you might like it:
http://shapeofamother.blogspot.com/
what's new with you? time for a fresh post!
Post a Comment