Monday, March 27, 2006

An important request



Many of you generously donated to my Light the Night Walk in fall of 2004 and know how much the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society means to me.

On June 4th my cousin Brandy (who is more like my fourth sister) is undertaking an even bigger challenge: to run her first marathon in support of the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.

My dad Marc was diagnosed with non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma in December of 2001. Thanks to early detection and rigorous chemotherapy and radiation treatment, he has now been cancer-free for four years. Thirty years ago this April, my paternal grandmother Peggy succumbed to the same dreaded disease. In the mid-70s such a diagnosis was a virtual death sentence. Thanks to medical progress, survival rates have increased dramatically.

But despite these advancements, people are still dying from leukemia and lymphoma. We need to find a cure!

That is why I feel so compelled to ask you to please donate to Brandy's run. Being pregnant this year, I will not be participating in any fundraisers myself -- which is why I am so grateful to Brandy for doing so. A year ago she'd never run more than a mile for high school P.E. class. Now she's going to run 26.2!

No donation is too small, and all are tax-deductible. To contribute, please visit Brandy's Team in Training website: http://www.active.com/donate/tntgla/tntglaBGracia

I thank you wholeheartedly for your support,
Jen

No comments: