
Upon reading the most recent entry, Michael (aka Cece's "Uncle Stick") immediately called me to complain. "I loved reading all about me in your BLOG," he whined like a spoiled five-year-old.
To his credit, he IS due to visit us in just one week, and yes, I neglected to mention it. So sorry, your highness.
Michael will be driving down all the way from "Pennsyltucky" (Easton, PA) so that he and I can attend what we've lovingly deemed the "Flannel Festival" at the 9:30 club: the Cyndi Lauper concert, with special guests Sandra Bernhardt and Jill ("I Kissed a Girl") Sobule. Michael got dibs on blue flannel; I'll have to settle for red. But that's cool; I'll look festive, right? ;) Michael is a HUGE Cyndi fan and has already warned me that he'll be crying through the entire show. No surprise there. He cries with joy when his mini Dachshund (Lucy) takes a big dump on his lawn. I, however, cry when she craps on my rug. (And yes, she has -- don't try to deny it, Michael!)
All Michael bashing aside, we are all very happy that he'll be coming to visit us again soon. We haven't seen him since early October when we all worked our butts off to prepare for Cece's huge third birthday party (while Michael hid amongst the trees out back, chain smoking & doing anything he could to avoid helping with a damn thing). Our neighbors actually called to make sure we didn't have a homeless man residing in our yard. "Nah, that's just Stick," we assured them.
So now you're in our blog, Michael; aren't you thrilled?
Lesson learned: Be careful what you ask for.
XOXO,
Jen
P.S. If he tries to tell any of you that I live in a red state, you tell him to zip it! I live in a BLUE county with a BLUE governor! So there!
No comments:
Post a Comment